Insert button is clickable even when hidden, in some circumstances

Last post 10-08-2009, 5:47 AM by cutechat. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (25 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-01-2009, 11:00 AM 55249

Insert button is clickable even when hidden, in some circumstances

Hi,

We have a problem where the button used as the insert button becomes clickable even though it should be hidden.

Using the same server, and navigating to the same page, the uploader control appears to render differently on two very similar clients. Each machine has IE7, silverlight, and flash 10 installed. The version of IE7 on the machine that shows the problem is slightly newer than the one that works. (other machines with other configurations also show the problem, but I chose these because they are so similar).

We are using the uploader control inside a Dialog control (from ComponentArt). The html for the dialog and its controls are present on the page, but not visible. Until the dialog is shown, the insert button is not visible, but on some machines, you can click in the buttons absolute position, and the file browse window will open.

On the machine where the problem occurs, the DIV that contains the upload control renders with a height and width of 30px and 98px.

On the machine that works, the same DIV renders with a height and width of 1px each.

There are also differences in z-order, and the non-working case has extra properties set, e.g. opacity related fields.

We have screenshots of the elements in the IE developer toolbar, but couldn't figure out how to attach them.

We would like to know what would cause the control to render differently on such similar machines, and also how to get it to do the right thing in all cases.

Any help would be appreciated.

•  09-02-2009, 9:43 PM 55327 in reply to 55249

Re: Insert button is clickable even when hidden, in some circumstances

Hi,

For each version of the Flash/Silverlight , the uploader render different layer to activate the Flash/Silverlight object.

If Flash version is 10 , Silverlight version is 3 , the uploader will move the layer over the button.

I am not sure what issue you get now , can you post some code , or screen shot to descript it ?

Does the uploader not work for some PCs ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  09-03-2009, 12:03 PM 55359 in reply to 55327

Thanks for the response Terry.

In our case, the uploader control is initially hidden, and the user performs an action that shows the control to use it. However, on some machines, before the uploader is shown, a click on the screen in an apparently random location will bring up the browse dialog. There is no visible interface element at that location - but if you click there, you get the browse.

So, that's the issue, and we are working on a sample that will show the problem. Hopefully we will learn more as we go through that process, and we will post either the sample or the solution when we have it.

Thanks again.

•  09-03-2009, 2:06 PM 55361 in reply to 55359

Just an update. We found out that the machine that did not have the issue was running silverlight 2, and the machine with the issue has silverlight 3. We 'upgraded' to silverlight 3 on the machine that was working, and the problem appeared.

We are still cutting down our sample, but we will have to post it to you through the support page. We won't be able to post it on the forum.
  •  09-09-2009, 8:09 AM 55474 in reply to 55359

Hi,

Maybe you can try the last version .

We have improve something about your issue.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  09-09-2009, 5:56 PM 55496 in reply to 55474

We should be able to try the latest version tomorrow, and we'll let you know if the issue is resolved.

Thanks!
  •  09-11-2009, 7:18 AM 55564 in reply to 55496

I work with Stan (MisterAccoustic) and have just tested the latest version in my test harness ofr the problem and it still fails. I did report this through e-mail but have got no response - I will try the support route now. I have a small test solution that shows this problem very clearly.

Thanks,
    Andy.
  •  09-11-2009, 9:38 AM 55566 in reply to 55564

Andy,

Please try again the last version.

Today we just make an update on that.

Regards,
    Terry

•  09-11-2009, 2:22 PM 55572 in reply to 55566

Terry,

The testing I did was with a version I downloaded this morning and it does not work still. Just to be sure I'm using the latest DLL, the version is (still) 3.0.0.0 with a Description of "AjaxUploader 3.0 20090910".

Andy.
  •  09-11-2009, 8:59 PM 55575 in reply to 55572

Addy,

I don't recieved your mail.

Today is weekend,

Can you send the mail to me directly ?

terry @ cutesoft.net

Thanks.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  09-15-2009, 7:11 AM 55645 in reply to 55575

I've sent you an e-mail with the solution file showing the problem attached.

Andy.
  •  09-24-2009, 10:38 AM 55841 in reply to 55645

Andy,

I am sorry that these days I am very busy and not check your mail.

I will check it in 24 hours.

Regards,
    Terry

•  09-24-2009, 1:01 PM 55859 in reply to 55841

Thanks for your continued attention.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help get this problem resolved. It's an important issue for us.
  •  09-30-2009, 2:19 PM 55985 in reply to 55859

Any update on this?

If you have any questions about the code we sent please let us know.

Thanks,
    Stan
  •  09-30-2009, 11:26 PM 55999 in reply to 55985

Stan,

I didn't receive the mail .

Maybe it have been blocked.

Please PM to me direct.

Click my name , (so redirect to http://cutesoft.net/user/Profile.aspx?UserID=2233)

Sorry for the delayed response.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  10-01-2009, 11:26 AM 56018 in reply to 55999

Hi Terry,

Please check for the PM I just sent.

Thanks,
    Stan
  •  10-01-2009, 12:20 PM 56019 in reply to 56018

Stan,

I have checked your code, and find the problem.

1 - current the uploader do not check the sytle.visibility , so the uploader do not know the button is hidden.

2 - current version of uploader support style.display , we will improve the uploader to support style.visibility later.

3 - for your case , please use display:none for the dlgFake object , and show hide it by the style.display="" or "none"

Regards,
    Terry

•  10-01-2009, 4:42 PM 56025 in reply to 56019

Hi Terry,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, we cannot solve the problem this way. The sample we provided was to illustrate the problem, but in our application, we do not control how the container is hidden - that is done by the third-party dialog control we are using.

Also, as pointed out previously, this problem does not occur with Silverlight 2, only with 3. The AjaxUploader emitted code is different between these 2 cases. If the problem were simply how the container is hidden, then Silverlight 2 would not work either.

In light of these facts, we are hopeful that you will be able to offer some different ideas about how we might solve this problem.

Thanks,
    Stan
  •  10-02-2009, 11:03 AM 56051 in reply to 56025

Stan,

We will update it before monday.

Regards,
    Terry

•  10-02-2009, 12:27 PM 56063 in reply to 56051

Thanks again, we appreciate it.

Stan