Load balancing issues - Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader

Last post 07-27-2009, 4:39 AM by cutechat. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-08-2009, 8:27 PM 52875

Load balancing issues - Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader

Hi,

I am having issues with load balancing cutechat v5. This error occurs for a few users on our site and is always happening when trying to use the "export" function in the chatadmin area.

Running Windows2008 (IIS7) and Sql2008 in a load-balanced / clustered environment.

Only started to happen when we switched to NLB mode.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

Source Error:

Line 91:              

Line 92:       int totalCount;

Line 93:         msgs=ChatApi.GetMessages(location,placename,DataGrid1.PageSize,DataGrid1.CurrentPageIndex,out totalCount);

Line 94:       DataGrid1.VirtualItemCount=totalCount;

Line 95:       DataGrid1.DataSource=msgs;

Source File: \cutesoft_client\cutechat\chatadmin\Log.Aspx    Line: 93

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.]

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() +776

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +168

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +203

CuteChat.ClusterSupport.ExecuteMethod(MethodInfo method, Object[] args) +307

CuteChat.ClusterSupport.ExecuteCurrentMethod(Object[] args) +73

CuteChat.ChatApi.GetMessages(String location, String placename, Int32 pagesize, Int32 pageindex, Int32& totalcount) +198

ASP.cutesoft_client_cutechat_chatadmin_log_aspx.BindDataGrid() in cutesoft_client\cutechat\chatadmin\Log.Aspx:93

ASP.cutesoft_client_cutechat_chatadmin_log_aspx.DropDownLobbies_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in cutesoft_client\cutechat\chatadmin\Log.Aspx:140

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +111

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +134

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +165

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1485

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074

•  06-09-2009, 12:01 PM 52901 in reply to 52875

Re: Load balancing issues - Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader

•  06-09-2009, 8:18 PM 52930 in reply to 52901

Re: Load balancing issues - Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader

Adam,

I have read the load balancing guide and impelemnted correctly. Chat is working for the most part ... there are some features that don't work i.e. export log.

We are also experiencing issues with a few members when they try to access the chat rooms. The screen basically shows a blank page. Using Fiddler to investigate the error shows me pretty much the same error being thrown as above (binary stream error). I suspect they are related.
  •  06-10-2009, 1:35 AM 52939 in reply to 52875

Hi,

Did you try the last version ?

The CuteChat get such problem before, but it also have been fixed long time ago.

Regards,
    Terry

•  06-10-2009, 6:12 AM 52943 in reply to 52939

As far as I can tell I am using the latest version.

DLL File Version = 5.0.0.0

Files size is same as what's available for download (288kb)
  •  06-11-2009, 10:27 PM 53048 in reply to 52943

Hi,

The most possiblely reason is the stream data is not filled correctly.

We need check the code and give back to you asap.

Regards,
    Terry

•  06-16-2009, 1:00 AM 53161 in reply to 53048

Hi Terry,

Any updates on this?

Cheers,
    Andrew.
  •  06-16-2009, 1:20 AM 53162 in reply to 53161

Andrew,

I am checking this issue now.

Regards,
    Terry

•  06-22-2009, 12:45 AM 53339 in reply to 53162

Andrew,

We are still not able to reproduce this error.

Maybe there's some code that modified the response of the CuteChat NLB response.

Can you show me the settings for the NLB ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  06-24-2009, 6:11 PM 53482 in reply to 53339

Hi Terry,

Can you please be more specific on what you would like to see.

In short running NLB with:

- Win2008 / IIS7
    - SQL2008
    - Using a custom chat provider to integrate with our membership database (aspnet_membership, etc)
    - NLB Chat has been setup as per your specification
    - ASP.NET 2.0

Cheers,
    Andrew.

•  07-05-2009, 11:28 PM 53742 in reply to 53482

Terry, is there any more information I can provide to get this issue resolved?
  •  07-06-2009, 9:05 AM 53759 in reply to 53742

Hi,

Can you provide an live url for me , So I can test on your server directly ?

Please send the url, and also testing account if required to my mail : terry@cutesoft.net

Regards,
    Terry
  •  07-16-2009, 12:17 AM 54020 in reply to 53759

Hi Terry,

Just wondering how you are going with this.

Cheers,
    Andrew.
  •  07-26-2009, 5:39 PM 54285 in reply to 54020

Hi Terry,

Can you please respond to my post?

I need to solve this issue for my client. It's been a few months now that this has been outstanding ...

Cheers,
    Andrew.
  •  07-27-2009, 4:39 AM 54286 in reply to 54285

Andrew

Sorry for the delay.

We have publish a new version of the chat product.

That maybe helps for you.

Please update it and test it.

I will also make tests on your server.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML