Custom config file generates "Failed to load menus!" error in IE

Last post 06-04-2009, 2:44 PM by Michael.G. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2009, 2:44 PM 52796

Custom config file generates "Failed to load menus!" error in IE

I've seen this error addressed in the forums before, but the solution was not posted publicly (that I could find). When I use a custom configuration file, my Internet Explorer users are getting a small pop-up window that says "Failed to load menus!". If they click the "OK" button (the only option), they can continue and use the editor, although they then have trouble with the "Paste From Word" button.

Strangely, the custom config worked fine for a month or so and only recently started throwing this error. We didn't change anything on the server end, so I have to assume some MS update changed IE's behavior.

I've updated to the latest version of CuteEditor (clean install, indicates v6.4) on our server and it doesn't give me the error if I use one of the built-in autoconfig files. For reference, here's the custom file I'm trying to use. It's an attempt to mimic the default button set from version 5 of Cute Editor: /forum_uploads2/Classic.config.txt . I added the ".txt" filename so I could upload it. The version on my server is just "Classic.config". 

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
View as RSS news feed in XML