Support for Oracle?

Last post 12-09-2008, 2:55 AM by ostor. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-21-2008, 7:32 AM 46106

Support for Oracle?

Cant find anything about support for Oracle dbs. Is there support Oracle or is it only support for MSSQL?
  •  11-21-2008, 9:32 AM 46137 in reply to 46106

Re: Support for Oracle?

•  11-21-2008, 9:52 AM 46139 in reply to 46137

Thanks for the reply. I will test it on monday. I'll keep you posted.
  •  11-27-2008, 7:05 AM 46336 in reply to 46137

Hi again... sorry for the late reply.

After adding these keys under appSettings (but with different settings):
    <add key="DatabaseType" value="OracleOleDb" />
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=orcl;User Id=sysman;Password=admin;"/> 

i get this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

Any idea?
  •  12-03-2008, 8:48 PM 46546 in reply to 46336

Hi,

it seems that <add key="DatabaseType" value="OracleOleDb" /> not works for an unknown reason.

the CuteChat still want to connect to the SqlServer , so returns Keyword not supported: 'provider'.

Can you show me the error details (the stacktrace) ?

---

Another way , you can create the provider in the custom ChatProvider implementation code ,

You can try this way :

public override IAppDataProvider CreateDataProvider(CuteChat.AppPortal portal)
      {
         string connstr=System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["ConnectionString"];
         return new CuteChat.OracleOleDbDataProvider(portal,connstr,"CuteChat4_");
      }

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-05-2008, 6:49 AM 46609 in reply to 46546

Hi.

I've been trying to make cutechat work with an Oracle database.
    The steps I have been taken is to

A.Down load and install CuteChat. Seems to work fine. I Get an error message '
    explaining that it cannot find the sql-server database.
    Wich is perfectly in order while there is non present.

B.According to the instructions in Document/CuteChatdeveloperguide.chm
    I down load http://CuteSoft.net/download/CuteChat3IntegrationPackage.zip.
    I unzip the package and follow the instructions in the
    Upgrade_From_Previous_Versions.txt file.

C. Step 3(Overwrite CuteSoft.Chat.dll with new version.) is not possible to do while there is no
    CuteSoft.Chat.dll to overwrite. However i drop the CuteSoft.Chat.dll in the bin directory anyway.

D. Step 4 (3. REMOVE the EasyHttpZipModule entry in your web.config.) is not possible either while there is no
    EasyHttpZipModule  entry in the web.config file.

E. I replace <configuration queryProviderName="SqlClient"></configuration> with
     <configuration queryProviderName="OracleOleDb"></configuration>

While trying to browse the application it keeps complaining over that there is SQL Server present.

It seems to me that after performing all steps in the cutesoft documentation it should at least try to
    connect to an Oracle database instead of a SQL server. But it does not work.

Also the CuteSoft.Chat.dll is of version 3.1 all the other dll:s is of version 5.0 wich leads me to belive that
    i'm trying to run an integration package made for uppgrading 3.0 to 3.1 on a solution that is 5.0.
    Where can I get the correct files??

F. After trying your suggestion in previous reply:

<add key="DatabaseType" value="OracleOleDb" />
    <add key="ConnectionString" value="Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=orcl;User Id=sysman;Password=admin;"/>

i get this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keyword not supported: 'provider'

Here is the stack trace. It seems to me we have an installation of Cutechat 5.0 but the only installatin package
    for Oracle provided by you is for version 3.0. 

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'provider'.]
       System.Data.Common.DBConnectionString.ParseInternal(Char[] connectionString, UdlSupport checkForUdl, NameValuePair& keychain) +1133
       System.Data.Common.DBConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString, UdlSupport checkForUdl) +114
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +12
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString.ParseString(String connectionString) +95
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +11
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +158
       SamplePortal.Components.UserData.GetAllUsers() in C:\CuteChat\5.0 Integration\cutechatstandalone\Web\Components\UserData.cs:190
       _ASP.memberlist_aspx.ShowSortData(String sOrderBy) +31
       _ASP.memberlist_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +31
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +739

Regaeds Örjan

•  12-06-2008, 8:05 AM 46632 in reply to 46609

Örjan,

Can you tell me what CuteChat version are you currently using?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-08-2008, 1:26 AM 46645 in reply to 46632

How do I determine what version i'm using? It seems to me after viewing the file versions and the 

C:\CuteChat\5.0 Integration\

in the call stack previously provided, that it is 5.0 that we're using but i already told you that.
  •  12-08-2008, 8:09 AM 46652 in reply to 46106

Hi all,

The CuteChat supports Oracle. But the SamplePortal dosn't.

So you need change the code of the SamplePortal , or write your own ChatProvider code for it.

I think the best way to start is write a custom ChatProvider implementation , understand it , and then change to Oracle.

Regards,
    Terry
  •  12-09-2008, 2:55 AM 46673 in reply to 46652

Terry,

hmm, we have no wish to run the sample portal. I was handed this installation and was asked to make it work with Oracle. I thought the installation  was the real deal. But It if I understand you correctly we have some kind of sample portal installed. What do I need to do, Install, buy, download or whatever to get an implementation of Cutechat that is a full business installation possible to integrate with Oracle? We' re in the pilot phase of the project so we need a license that allows us to serve only a moderat number of users at the time beeing, but it must be possible to scale the installation up significantly.

/Örjan
View as RSS news feed in XML