Another Nasty bug.. Chat window does not resize if minimized.

Last post 07-27-2007, 5:11 PM by pukora2000. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-27-2007, 5:11 PM 31963

Another Nasty bug.. Chat window does not resize if minimized.

This bug you might tell me is cuz i modified something but i say the behavior is a bug i will first mention the change i did and then the bug it resulted in.

The change:
    When a user clicks on online button on the website to start a chat, he gets a form to supply Name and email etc. That window was too big for our site constancy. We modified the   _something..WindowOrnaments   variable (same variable in your customization guide.). We made the window width smaller so now its like 240px wide and about 200px high. The actual chat window that comes up is however the default size of like 400px wide. So basically the user name input window is now smaller than the chat window.

Here is how the bug happens.
    1. open the op app and login and be ready.
    2. browse your website and clik on chat when its live. (sequence does not matter)
    3. fill your name etc. and press the button.
    4. Now minimize that window (the window that is telling you to wait and that you are # in queue).
    5. minimize the browser.
    6. Now go in the opp app and accept the request. (doing this should transform the wait window and make it the chat window)
    7. now open the minimized chat window that was minimized in step 4.

You will see that the window did not change in size to adopt the chat window size its still the small size and the chat controls are there but truncated at the right and the bottom cuz of the window being small..

This sucks cuz a customer while waiting may minimize all the windows to do something else and depend on the chat window to blink in the task bar when its connected. but in this case he will be greeted with a hideous truncated window.. bad bad bad.. So basically the customer will need LiveSupport Help for a Livesupport window..  lol  :P

View as RSS news feed in XML