Silent Users?

Last post 05-18-2007, 7:57 AM by swelborn. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-16-2007, 2:06 PM 29736

Silent Users?

Adam,

Can you tell me what would cause the users in the chat room to have [ui_user_silent] next to their name? They are not able to type in the chat room?

Also, in the Admin section the Private Chats are set to false, but the poeple in the rooms are still able to bring up a Private Chat.

how can I prevent this from happening?

1 more: What is the difference between Sign Out (On button menu) and Disconnect Button?

Thanks

•  05-16-2007, 6:11 PM 29744 in reply to 29736

Re: Silent Users?

Hi swelborn,

I had the same problem with [ui_user_silent] and after many days I eventually found the source of the problem! Login as Admin and under Chat Admin, choose Room Administration. Make sure "Public" is ticked and apply changes. This setting must be ticked for every room. All your users can now exchange messages :)

I also have set Private Chat to false yet users can still select it. I think this is a bug by the looks of things. You'll find disabling "Show Room list" also fails to work and I think Adam has confirmed this as a bug already.

I have a similar problem whereby all my rooms are passworded and I have enabled IP filtering, but right clicking the dialogue area allows a moderator to "Allow Anonymous Users", but it doesn't appear to do anything. Maybe this is another bug?

Mike
  •  05-18-2007, 7:57 AM 29798 in reply to 29744

Re: Silent Users?

Thank you Mike. I am glad I'm not the only one dealing with these issues.

Would be nice though if someone from Tech Support would actually reply to peoples posts within the first week of it being written. I'm sure im not the only one with Clients waiting for me to issue a fix.

I will check to see if the Client checked the 'Public' box in Admin. Thanks for pointing that out, I didnt even look there.

Thanks again for the help. Enjoy your weekend.

View as RSS news feed in XML