CS2 to CS2.1 (ASP.NET2.0) Upgrade FAILS (not a CuteSoft issue)

Last post 09-29-2006, 11:15 AM by ktweedy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-28-2006, 7:44 AM 23144

CS2 to CS2.1 (ASP.NET2.0) Upgrade FAILS (not a CuteSoft issue)

EDIT:
    The following error shown below IS ACTUALLY because I've failed to execute one SQL script (cs_ASPNET2_Membership_Schema_Update.sql) which updates the ASP.NET 2.0 Membership schema within my existing CS2.0 database. CS2.0 to CS2.1 upgrade is a two stage process - dependent upon where your database came from. We're an upgrade from CS1.0, 1.1, 2.0. I still think a ROLLBACK script could be of some value.

CuteSoft - in the clear - not their problem.

Nick.

If attempting an upgrade from CS2.0 to CS2.1 where CuteChat 2.0 is already installed, the CS2.1 upgrade FAILS displaying the following are detailed below. I think the only way to proceed with this is probably to truncate OR rollback any of the CuteSoft installed database changes, execute the CS2.1 upgrade, and then roll on CuteChat 2.1 once that instance is upgraded.

Any ideas? Do you have a ROLLBACK script to undo the CuteChat 2.0 SQL Scripts.

The only other curiosity is that NO ERROR is displayed when accessing site from the local machine where the database is installed.

Nick.

Error message following CS2.1

Server Error in '/cs21emrupdate' Application.

@CurrentTimeUtc is not a parameter for procedure aspnet_Profile_GetProperties.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: @CurrentTimeUtc is not a parameter for procedure aspnet_Profile_GetProperties.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): @CurrentTimeUtc is not a parameter for procedure aspnet_Profile_GetProperties.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857306
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +734918
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1838
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +31
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +62
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +122
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +62
    System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider.GetPropertyValuesFromDatabase(String userName, SettingsPropertyValueCollection svc) +766
    System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext sc, SettingsPropertyCollection properties) +428
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider) +410
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName) +117
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName) +89
    System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetInternal(String propertyName) +36
    System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.get_Item(String propertyName) +68
    System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName) +4
    CommunityServer.ASPNet20MemberRole.CSProfileBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyKey) +11
    CommunityServer.Components.Profile.GetObject(String key) +46
    CommunityServer.Components.Profile.GetString(String key) +5
    CommunityServer.Components.Profile.get_Language() +19
    CommunityServer.Components.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, String fileName, Boolean defaultOnly) +41
    CommunityServer.Components.ResourceManager.GetString(String name) +13
    CommunityServer.Blogs.Controls.AggregatePostList.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +442
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
  •  09-28-2006, 12:28 PM 23158 in reply to 23144

Re: CS2 to CS2.1 (ASP.NET2.0) Upgrade FAILS (not a CuteSoft issue)

Nick,

We use the same SQL Script for CS 2.0 and 2.1.

For the CS 2.1 error, please check this article:

asp.net Chat http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/default.aspx
    Web Messenger: http://cutesoft.net/Web-Messenger/default.aspx
    asp.net wysiwyg editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+WYSIWYG+Editor/default.aspx
    asp wysiwyg html editor: http://cutesoft.net/ASP
    asp.net Image Gallery: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Image+Gallery/default.aspx
    Live Support: http://cutesoft.net/live-support/default.aspx

•  09-29-2006, 11:15 AM 23205 in reply to 23158

Re: CS2 to CS2.1 (ASP.NET2.0) Upgrade FAILS (not a CuteSoft issue)

When I converted from CS 2.0 to CS 2.1 I only ran the CS 2.1 upgrade SQL script and when I went to run the site I got an exception regarding a TimeZone stored procedure parameter.  What it looks likes it is I was still using the older membership stuff in CS 2.0 and I hadn't upgraded to the ASP.NET 2.0 membership stuff.  So I ran the second CS 2.1 upgrade script which does something to upgrade to use ASP.NET 2.0 membership stuff and all has worked fine since then.

So not sure I had the same problem as you but seems similiar.
View as RSS news feed in XML