ImagePop checkbox??

Last post 06-19-2004, 10:54 PM by Devo. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-18-2004, 2:35 AM 1054

ImagePop checkbox??

Is it possible to have an easy way to place an image and 1. pop up in new window w/ "close" top and bottom or 2. open same window w/ "return" or 3. (workable, but not optimal) open in new window and users must close window via window controls.

I can do it if I 1. upload image. 2. select image. 3 click download icon 4. select same image 5. select target to new 6. update.

I'm pleased it can be done, but its a little complicated for customers. Is there some way to get a checkbox on the edit image screen to pop to a new window?
  •  06-18-2004, 3:20 AM 1055 in reply to 1054

addition, in lieu of edit

Something almost like this only it saves a thumbnail to a designated "thumbs" directory and links to the real image in a popup??

If something like this doesnt exist, what would it take to create it?
    And what kind of timeframe would be involved?

(click to enlarge)
  •  06-19-2004, 4:35 PM 1057 in reply to 1055

Re: addition, in lieu of edit

Devo,

This feature does exist right now, but in dotnetgallery. When the users upload the images, a thumbnail is automatically generated.
  •  06-19-2004, 10:54 PM 1059 in reply to 1057

Gallery & Editor

I think the gallery is just about perfect for my needs. Your gallery is the nicest, most user-friendly gallery component I've seen. Unfortunately,  the gallery is a secondary "nice to have", and if I find room in the project budget, I'll add it.

My primary concern is to for clients to be able to add articles (with image zoom capability) to their websites as easily as possible. (or more precisly with as little tech support as possible) I am doing my best to avoid the "right-side image column" article look. My first thought was to build it in-house, but then I thought contacting the creators of an existing editor to add the feature would be a faster and cheaper alternative. I would find it strange if other customers would not find value in adding that functionality. If I can throw some in to start the process and the developers can sell it to others, everybody wins.

Oh, well. I'll probably just go back to the "right-side image column" or extend some open source editor. It was worth asking though, it looks like a great product.

Thanks for the response.
View as RSS news feed in XML