CuteEditor for NET6 - Security Exception

•  07-26-2015, 9:46 PM

CuteEditor for NET6 - Security Exception

I got this working, it required a new application pool (V4 Integrated Mode) and setting up a new domain for CuteEditor that made sure CuteEditor folders were in immediate root (in this case subdomain).

Hi,

I have copied latest NET6 version to the root of the Application, /bin , /cs and /Cutesoft_client without changes apart from replacing cuteeditor.lic file with a valid licence file.

(I got the latest version from http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx)

When I try and load cudeeditor i get thie error below, even after Adding  Network Service (full control) to /bin folder security did not help also adding <trust level="Full" originUrl=""/> in the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG folder did not help either, i even changed the Application Pool to version 4 without resolution.

Ideas? Please help.

Mike 

Server Error in '/admin' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.  

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.] System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0 System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean throwOnError) +98 System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +11 System.Web.UI.TagPrefixTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +127 System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType2(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +228 System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +28 System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +20 System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty) +69 System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText) +526 System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) +896 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.8009; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.8015

View Complete Thread