Insert Image inserts image not on cursor position, but at beginning of content (in IE 11.0), while Image Gallery works properly

•  03-13-2014, 4:21 AM

Insert Image inserts image not on cursor position, but at beginning of content (in IE 11.0), while Image Gallery works properly

When I try to insert an image (f.i. Cindy) in the middle of a sentence in the demo Editor on cutesoft.net, it gets positioned as the first content of the first cell, instead of at the position where my text cursor was in the middle of the sentence...

This occurs when using IE 11.0 and using the "Insert Image" - button of CuteEditor

When I insert the same image using the "Image Gallery" - button of CuteEditor in IE 11.0 it just works as expected...

When I use Google Chrome the "Insert Image" - button also works as expected: it inserts the image at the position of my text cursor.

This behaviour/bug is already nagging my customers for several months (I think the problem existed in IE 10 also), but they demand a solution of me, since editing long pieces with many pictures is very time consuming now and they are working until deep in the night, due to this bug.

Let me know if you can reproduce this behaviour in the CuteEditor demo on cutesoft.net and could you please use the same insert mechanism as you have implemented for the Image Gallery? Since that piece of code seems to work fine!

Thank you! 

View Complete Thread