Re: Programmatically setting .Text

•  06-28-2011, 10:05 AM

Re: Programmatically setting .Text

Ok . . I am using the CuteEditor to allow authorized individuals to change the content of a section of a web page.  So with VB.NET I am programmatically setting the current content in the CuteEditor like this:

Editor1.Text = strContent

Now, if that original content has rich text characters in it such as the following:

This is “test” content.
    It will show up in the editor with the white square symbol in place of the opening and closing rich text quotes.
    If you now submit it, (using VB.NET to read from the .Text property of the editor and write it to the file) it shows up on the web page like this:

This is �test� content. 

If programmatically setting the .Text property of the editor could provide the same filtering as manually pasting into the editor it would work correctly.

I have tried using javascript to .SetHTML and also tried .PasteHTML but neither of them seemed to work for me (the editor remained empty) . . could it be that the javascript functionality doesn't work correctly when the editor is runat=server . . ?

Note:   I would prefer to fix this via the vb.net method so if that can be done, i don't need help with the javascript

Thanks.

View Complete Thread