Re: Ajax Uploader - Uploader_FileUploaded server event not firing

•  06-17-2011, 10:18 AM

Re: Ajax Uploader - Uploader_FileUploaded server event not firing

Ken, I have identified the exact cause of the File_Uploaded event not firing.  I am using the Jquery BlockUI plugin and within it, is where I have the ajax uploader.  Using the Jquery BlockUI plugin is causing the event not to fire.

Here is a sample of my code to using it, note dvitoDisplay is a div that contains the Ajax uploader.  The Jquery BlockUI plugin can be found here: http://jquery.malsup.com/block/

$.blockUI({ message: $("#" + divToDisplay),                      
                css: {
                    left: position.left,
                    top: position.top + height,
                    backgroundcolor: '#ffffff',
                    border: '1px solid #000000',
                    position: "absolute",
                    width: "500px",
                    cursor: "auto"                 
                },
                overlayCSS: {
                    backgroundColor: '#ffffff',
                    cursor: "auto" 
                    }
            }); 

If I don't use the plugin mentioned then the ajax uploader works fine.  The reason I am using the Jquery BlockUI plugin is because I want to block access to the rest of the page while the div containing the ajax uploader is displayed.  Are you familiar with why the ajax uploader control would not work appropriately with this plugin and specifically the File_Uploaded event does not get fired.  Everything else works fine, i.e., you can browse for files, select files, and everything looks good.  However, when you click submit to upload the file(s) you selected the File_Uploaded does not fire.

If you setup any small example where you use an Ajax Uploader control within a div that is displayed by the Jquery BlockUI plugin you will easily be able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks. 
View Complete Thread