Re: Ajax Uploader - ManualStartUpload="true"

•  06-16-2011, 7:47 AM

Re: Ajax Uploader - ManualStartUpload="true"

Ken, I tried your recommendation of using the 
    CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnSelect javascript event.  The problem with this is that when using the manual start upload approach, the 
    CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnSelect event kicks off as soon as you select a file for upload but not when you click your button to submit and actually begin the upload.  As a result, this event is too early.  I am looking for a JS event that  I can use which has 
    has access to the files selected for upload but that kicks off when uploadobj.startupload() is executed.

For example, I think I might be able to achieve this using this event:

function CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnStart()

{

// Code goes here 
    } 

But, I am not sure if I would be able to perform some code in the above mentioned event to perform the upload without going server side. Within the above JS event, I can access the AJAX uploader control with the key word this, can I use that to perform some JS code, for example, that would achieve the same thing as doinf this server side.

Private Sub Uploader_FileUploaded(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As UploaderEventArgs)              
            args.CopyTo("C:\\" & Date.Now.ToShortDateString().Replace("/", "") + ".pdf")
        End Sub

Any thoughts?  Thanks. 

Kenneth:
    Hi mchamo,

Please try the example below. Function "CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnSelect" will fire before the uploader control postback to the server. So you can execute your own script code in it before the "FileUploaded" event.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <CuteWebUI:Uploader ID="Uploader1" runat="server">
            </CuteWebUI:Uploader>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    <script>
    function CuteWebUI_AjaxUploader_OnSelect(files)

{
        alert("before postback!");

}
    </script>

Regards,

ken
View Complete Thread