write additional form data including filename an folder (per image uploaded) to a database

•  05-14-2011, 3:53 PM

write additional form data including filename an folder (per image uploaded) to a database

I am writing an application which requires several steps

1. creation of a user account
    2. creation of a folder for that users images
    3.uploading the images
    4. writing the image data (folder name and filename along with userID and other user specific credentials) to a database table
    5. On completion of file uploads, generating XML based on the data entered into the table at step 5 to integrate with a flash based image viewer.

The issue I have, is how to process each f the files an all the necessary client data to the database as they are successfully uploaded. Everything else is in place but im currently using a "one by one" file uploader which uploads AND cretes the DB entry at the same time once the form is submitted and would far rather use the multiple file upload capability of this tool.

How do I, once a file is successfully uploaded and stored in its appropriate folder for the client, modify the asp code to allow me to also write the relevant client data record? I knw I have to pass in parameters for the relevant clientID, event type and various other parameters - but IM realy not certain how or more importantly "where" to modify the source to do the database record creation.

Also if I have a form elements such as clientID, name or username....how and where are these  accessed and in what format? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Paul 

View Complete Thread