Re: image, category and default album config files

•  03-31-2011, 9:36 AM

Re: image, category and default album config files

2. images need to be grouped/identified by two categories. (for us, the categories are propertyID and user. So each image belongs to a propertyID and a user. we need to be able to view all the pictures by a propertyID and by a user. Or we can view all the pictures by simply a propertyID. When upload, we can specified what propertyID and user this picture belongs to)

You can display the pictures by categoryID, like

gallery1.CategoryID = "1";

GloboSoft:
    Yes I saw that ability. But I also need to group them not only by which user uploaded them but also by which property the image is associated with. Right now the only way I see to do this is to have the images for each property uploaded to a different GalleryFolder. But the client wants all the images stored in a single folder with the image name changed to reflect the property that it belongs with.

It's an existing project with many images already loaded this way (meaning all images are located in a single image property directory a then image name is created based on the propertyID and a Guid.NewGuid) so changing how the images are stored at this point is not something the client wants done. Plus there a thousands of new properties and associated images being loaded daily and the project manager is indicating that placing images in multiple directories is not acceptable.

I do see how I could definitely use this DotNetGallery component on some of my other websites.

I will evaluate your product further and decide on whether to go with a single or domain licensing.

Thank you for your quick responses.

View Complete Thread