Serious cross-browser problems

•  03-30-2011, 11:10 AM

Serious cross-browser problems

Hello,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as described by the user below in the CuteEditor for .Net forum. Moreover, I also note that simply opening a page for edit in Firefox will erase any existing anchors inserted in IE. 

To be clear, we're talking about pasting using the "Paste as text" command.  The "Paste from Word" command inserts far too much garbage MS-code to be useful in either browser.

This is a very serious problem for my organization. CuteEditor is the default editor in the custom CMS which runs our two huge institutional websites. If users repeatedly edit the same page in Firefox and IE (and Chrome and Safari as well), the line break styling differences pile up and start to conflict with one another, and this causes basic styling functions like text styles, bullets and indents to break. This increases the support burden on us, and slows website maintenance and development significantly.

We have tried to restrict all users to IE, but in practice this is very difficult to enforce, and impossible for Mac users, who don't have a native version of IE anymore. Nor can we restrict cutting-and-pasting, since we re-purpose a large number of existing Word documents.

I really hope some kind of fix for this is available, because without one, we may no longer be able to continue using CuteEditor.

eatsubway wrote the following post at 03-24-2011 10:25 AM:
    I am experiencing an issue when pasting paragraphs into the rich test editor. To reproduce, select a couple paragraphs of text and using firefox paste them into the Normal tab of the cuteeditor then look at the HTML tab. Do the same for the IE. Firefox addes <div> tags around the paragraphs but IE does not. I would like to see the same behavior across browsers. I was able to reproduce using the demo editor.

The following is an example of the two difference browser behaviors:

In IE:
    This<br />
    Is<br />
    An<br />
    Example

In Firefox:
    <div>
    <div>This<br />
    Is<br />
    An<br />
    Example</div>