The editor does not display font size within a re-accessed properties window

•  02-03-2011, 10:37 PM

The editor does not display font size within a re-accessed properties window

The editor properties window remembers and re displays most setting when it is re-accessed, although not font sizes.

For example, Scroll over some text and select a font size from the drop down size menu.

This creates a span that encloses the selected text.

Click within the text enclosed within the span and access the Span Properties window.

Navigate to the Stylebuilder > Font page in the Properties window and set the font size then click OK.

On the page, re select the span by again clicking within the text located within it and then re access the Stylebuilder > Font page within the Properties window.

I now want to know what font size was originally set within the span, although that information it is not displayed, and so I have to guess the current font size and then enter a new font size based on that. This is not a huge problem, although having the current font size displayed in the relevant field would be good.

Most other setting are remembered and displayed, such as border thickness, styles, padding, margin size and colors, although not font size.

It would be great if font size were also displayed within the relevant field.

Also, if a change is made to another setting, even within a different Properties Window page, the current font size is lost and the text located on the page reverts to the default size for that text

Some other settings such as spacing between letters also are not displayed when re accessing the editing windows.

If a setting such as text indentation is set in the text page in the Properties window, then any previosuly set spacing betwen letters is lost and the letter spacing reverts to the default. I realize that I am getting really picky in asking that all of these field setting work optimally. However, if you don't ask for what you want, then you don't get what you want.

These are each very small items which are of modest importance, although having each of the settings information display within the relevant fields, and not change to the default settings when a change is made to another setting within a page in the Properties window, would add significantly to the value to the editor. Otherwise, even advanced users are likely to become frustrated when attempting to tweek settings.

The editor is however so brilliant and has so many features available, including many that are not obvious and which do not appear to be documented, that I am thinking of writing an end user manual so that I can remember what all of the features are and to enable other users to obtain the best value out of using the editor.

View Complete Thread