PasteHTML happens at incorrect Cursor position

•  01-12-2011, 2:05 PM

PasteHTML happens at incorrect Cursor position

I saw some posts about modal dialogs, but did nto see anything that seemed related specifically to the following issue.  We are upgrading from an older version to 6.6 and some of out existing code is not working properly with CE.  In our application we have custom buttons some which pasteHTML, open wizards, and context menus.  The problem happening in version 6.6 is as follows...

The PastHTML occurs at incorret position on subsequent PastHTML resulting from dialog.

To recreate using your customization.aspx with list and table buttons:
    Add a bullet list item with 2 entries and enter twice to get out of the list (A <p> is added after the list).  Click a buttion with a dialog that does a PasteHTML(I used your table one).  The data is not pasted inside the <p> tag, but is imbedded inside the <li>.  My expectation is that the data should be pasted inside the <p>, since that is where the cursor was positioned after the enter.

This can be recreated using your customization.aspx with list and table buttons.  Please let me know if you agree this is an issue, and if there is workaround.  Thanks.

After adding list:
    <ul>
        <li>line1</li>
        <li>line2</li>
    </ul>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>

After dialog completed:
    <ul>
        <li>line1</li>
        <li>line2
        <table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" width="500">
            <tbody>