paste from word icon

•  10-14-2010, 2:07 PM

paste from word icon

I am having trouble understand exactly what the "paste from ms word" icon does. I've been looking around the forum and cutesoft site but I still don't have a good understand, other than that it cleans up html code. In an attempt to find out for myself (using the demo editor) I created the following in a word document:

Testing1

Testing2

Then, I tried pasting it into the cute editor withOUT the paste form word icon and it generated the following html:

<div> <!--[endif]-->
    <p><em><u><span style="font-size: 16pt; line-height: 115%; color: red;">Testing1</span></u></em></p>
    <p><strong><span style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% lime;">Testing2</span></strong></p>
    </div>

Then, I tried pasting it into the cute editor using the paste from word icon and it generated the following html:

<p><em><u><span style="font-size: 16pt; line-height: 115%; color: red;">Testing1</span></u></em></p>
    <p><strong><span style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% lime;">Testing2</span></strong></p>

This html is the same except from the div tags. Please help me better understand this icon. I would appreciate a good example of some text to create in word and then paste from word where the editor makes some obvious changes to the html.  thanks!

View Complete Thread