Re: upload works on dev server, not on production server

•  06-04-2010, 2:06 PM

Re: upload works on dev server, not on production server

More info:

Tested on latest FireFox and IE8 - same result.

Debugged the submitbutton_click function using FireBug... here's something interesting - and again, remember, this is only when the page is served from the production server:

function submitbutton_click() {
        var submitbutton = document.getElementById('<%=SubmitButton.ClientID %>');
        var uploadobj = document.getElementById('<%=Uploader1.ClientID %>');
        if (!window.filesuploaded) {
            if (uploadobj.getqueuecount() > 0) {
                uploadobj.startupload();
            }

else {
                var uploadedcount = parseInt(submitbutton.getAttribute("itemcount")) || 0;
                if (uploadedcount > 0) {
                    return true;
                }
                alert("Please select the GPCM database to upload.");
            }
            return false;
        }
        window.filesuploaded = false;
        return true;
    }

I put breakpoints on each of the red lines above -- one on the call to uploadobj.startupload(), and the next one on the end of the condition. Thus I can see when the call starts, and when it completes. However, even though the file is uploaded, the second breakpoint is never reached. I also breakpointed the third red line above, in case somehow it got there, but it never does.

FireBug also did not register any javascript error, which makes little sense. And IE did not report any page error, which it usually does if javascript fails.

This appears to be entirely between this call of "startupload" and your HTML module on the web server.

View Complete Thread