Re: Installing CuteEditor 6.3 in Forum YetAnotherForum

•  05-06-2010, 9:21 PM

Re: Installing CuteEditor 6.3 in Forum YetAnotherForum

Well, it broke again.  I was so pleased with the quick response to a solution to integrate with yetanotherforum that I wanted to make a donation; then I though "why not purchase another license for my other domain?"

I have a 'test' forum up at carvermk2.com/yetanotherforum

This forum is where I make changes to the forum software/asp pages, etc until they're working as I want them, then I post those changes to the actual forum at thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum.  I didn't have CE on this site, since it's not 'live' (just for testing the forum software)

Well, I went ahead and purchased another license (for carvermk2.com) and coincidentally, the same day, CE stopped working at thecarversite.com (it works fine on carvermk2.com).

It was working in YAF 1.9.4 as per instructions above.  Then, the editor page would load a window, the toobar would load, but the text would NOT post.  the page would eventually timeout (sometimes a failed to load menus' dialog box pops up)

I found that, while this is going on, if I open a command prompt and ping thecarversite.com it timeouts for a few minutes.

I've reverted to YAF's standard (and ugly compared to CE) editor, and all is well with the forum again.

Is this a license conflict between my two domains, or is that just a coincidance and Godaddy has changed something?  (they claim nothing has changed). 

Running CuteEditor in YetanotherForum at http://thecarversite.com
View Complete Thread