cant get this working -- Operator console does not connect

•  04-22-2010, 4:08 PM

cant get this working -- Operator console does not connect

I am attempting to integrate cute live support for my intranet hosted website, running on framework 3.5 (vb.net)

My solution contains one web application project.

I have downloaded the cuteLiveSupport standalone version and performed the following:
    1. copied the DLL files from the standalone's \bin folder into my project's \bin folder,
    2. copied the CuteSoft_Client folder to my project root. 
    3. added a global.asax.vb file to my project, (more on this soon), and implemented the functions required, according to the integration examples cutesoft has posted online (more on this later)
    4. added the <script> lines for the monitor and the chat button.
    5. published to my staging webserver

What works:
    I can go to my staging webserver and i can see the chat button and click it and fill out an offline feedback without error.  

What doesnt work:
    I cannot log in as an operator using the thick client, i receive the following error
    Failed to connect chat service:  System.Exception: CONNECTION:ERROR,Require Agent   at LiveSupport.ChatClient.Connect(Boolean now)   at LiveSupport.MyApp.Run()

I have since modified the global.asax file in an attempt to bruteforce it to validate the login (hardcoded the login and always return true in 
    ValidateUser() and always set admin to true in GetUserInfo()

I have been going back and forth with support (eric) for 3 days without a resolution. I think the documentation for this product badly needs to be updated.  I really want to use this product because it is far cheaper than other products in this space.

I have standalone configured, and it works fine (using the same database).  What am i missing?

View Complete Thread