Multiple Website Purchase

•  12-11-2009, 9:17 PM

Multiple Website Purchase

Hi.  This is Larry.  I just joined and am researching "Cute Live Support" as a possible solution for me.  I have few websites that I setup and maintain on behalf of a few clients and I also have my own business website.

Currently, I am the only support person and handle requests via e-mail and logs that I just check from time-to-time.  As I look at the possibility of purchasing "Cute Live Support" I have read the licensing and how it operates and I have come to the following assumptions.  Please let me know if I am correct:
    1.   I am a single operator, but support multiple client websites, so I am thinking that the Small Business License (10 websites) is appropriate
    2.   It appears that when an operator or agent logs in then they may be logging into just ONE website
    3.  That would mean that I would need to have the same number of instances (logons) as I have websites (i.e.; 4 websites-4 logons)
    4.  One of the websites is my wife's business as a commercial fundraiser.  I am wondering if she logs on to support people visiting her website... if it is possible to have my wife pass control of a conversation she my have to me if they have a technical question.

Lastly, I host websites with 2 web hosting providers and they have separate servers for MS-SQL than they do for the websites.  A typical connection string for one of my websites looks like this:

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:sql2k801.discountasp.net;Integrated Security=False; Initial Catalog=SQL2008_571326_sierrariders;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=name_of_the_database_admin_user;Password=the_admin_password" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

The "Data Source" portion of the connection string appears to point to the separate server that has MS-SQL 2008 installed.  I have downloaded your trial copies and used the script to setup the CuteLiveSupport tables with no problem.

My timing may be bad because I was wanting to purchase this weekend, but the CuteSoft offices appear to be closed.

Thanks for any information on the questions/issues described.

-Larry-

View Complete Thread