Automation and options relating to pasting HTML from MS Word -- Need documentation

•  04-12-2005, 9:19 PM

Automation and options relating to pasting HTML from MS Word -- Need documentation

I set out to eliminate the confirmation dialog when pasting text from MS Word.  After searching long and hard all over the site, I found an answer in the forums but still took me a while to figure out how to apply the suggestion.  In my search I found the PasteBehavior enumeration, but not how or where to use the constants (e.g. the documentation for PasteBehavior does not have an example or a link to EditorOnPaste).

Here is the solution to my immediate problem.

1)    Server-Side code (VB): Editor.EditorOnPaste = CuteEditor.PasteBehavior.PasteWord
    2)    In the HTML tag:  <CE:Editor ... EditorOnPaste="PasteWord" ... />

I've placed my server-side code in the Page_Load subroutine.  Is that what you'd recommend? 

Please tell me how to specify this same behavior in other contexts.  (I know that not all settings can be changed in every context.)

3) At runtime in the client-side code. ???
    4) In a configuration file (Which one and under which node?).

If it is specified differently in two or more of these four contexts, which one takes precedence?  I would guess that the priority is: System defaults (lowest priority), Configuration file overrides system defaults, <CE:Editor... /> tag is next, Server-side ASPX code trumps the HTML spec, and finally, Client-Side runtime is last to take effect and is therefore the most current setting. 

Is there a document I'm unaware of that specifies these details for all the editor's settings?

Great documentation would save us all a huge amount of time, effort and frustration.  It would have helped if the existing documentation could be searched.

Thanks,

Randal
View Complete Thread