Issue with Chat Admin console

•  08-20-2009, 2:00 AM

Issue with Chat Admin console

Hi Adam,

I have integrated Cute chat's standalone integration in our site. We have two different websites running one for CMS ( admin ) & other the user site. I have integrated cute chat's admin interface in our site's CMS. Also the user site has the Chat & Web Messenger Integrated (but without the Chat admin part) . Now the issue I am facing when from Chat Admin in CMS  if I turn off the upper banners and adverts to stop displaying on the Chat or messenger , the same is not reflecting on the User site. Although I can see the values getting updated in Database. So my question is does the Chat instance on user site's reads the value from the Database or the cache version of the Chat object.  Because same when I run in my local environment the changes will get reflected only after I do a iisreset.

The sample portal has both admin & chat interface in one place.  So is it because I am running two different instance of Chat one for Admin & other for User site, which is causing the problem?

If so is there any workaround for this so that the Chat instance on my User site reads updated values from the DB? Please suggest me some solution because I can't put the Chat admin in my user site, it has to run in CMS itself.

Regards,
    DJ
    Filed under:
View Complete Thread