Upload suddenly stopped working in Firefox - fixed by installing Silverlight plugin

•  08-18-2009, 9:35 AM

Upload suddenly stopped working in Firefox - fixed by installing Silverlight plugin

My application was running fine. Then the 30 day trial license expired, and I purchased a license. As part of the purchase I received a new 90 temporary license which I am currently using.

Immediately after doing this, the upload stopped working for some users using Firefox, but not all, with the following changes in behavior:
    • The file dialog box, instead of having "Open" in the title bar has "Select file to upload by server" in the title bar.
    • After selecting a file, a login prompt appears, but valid logins are not accepted.
    • Browser hangs.
    This problem does not occur for users with MSIE, and occurs only for some using Firefox. Comparing the Firefox users with no problems to those with problems I noticed that the users having problems did not have the Silverlight add-in installed. Sure enough, disabling the addin allowed me to reproduce the problem where before there was none, and installing the add-in eliminated the problem.

My question - how can changing the license file (only the license file, not changes to DLL's or code) trigger this? Prior to changing the license file all users were successfully uploading.
View Complete Thread