system goes into a loop when a call to an agent is made

•  07-14-2009, 10:24 AM

system goes into a loop when a call to an agent is made

1. A caller calls to connect to an agent.
    2.  From the agent's Live Support Operator Client, acknowledgement of a caller is indicated in the Request Queue, but it results in a high number of instances showing up from the same individual.  The list grows longer with every "ring".
    3. Clicking on "Accept First One" does not stop the continuous loop of requests made from the same person.  The only way to stop it is to log out of the system.  As a result, the connection is lost between caller and agent, and a system-generated offline message indicating a missed conversation shows up in the Conversations pane.  I can validate that the user is not attempting to spam us, as each individual has been contacted successfully via email afterward.

I have not been able to determine how this is happening, and if the root cause is sourced at the user's end; however, the system should not be going into a continuous loop, and should allow me to terminate the loop by accepting the first request.  Has anyone else experienced this?  This has happened to me three times already, each from a different caller.

I would like to send you a screenshot, but this medium does not permit an attachment of images.  Apparently, I am not authorized to upload a file.  Please enable that feature in the Options tab, and I can then send you a screenshot of shows up in the Operator Client after I have exited from the system. You can then get a sense of this loop/how many requests show up in the queue.

Thanks.
View Complete Thread