PageRequestManagerParserErrorException - Please HELP

•  07-05-2009, 3:24 AM

PageRequestManagerParserErrorException - Please HELP

hi,

I'm having some problems with the Ajax Uploader control.  I've placed it in an UpdatePanel which is doing a partial postback, uploading the file, then displaying the uploaded image with buttons to remove etc.

I'm getting the following error:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.Details: Error parsing near '<!DOCTYPE html PUBL'.

Reading over the following blog post has given some ideas:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/archive/2007/02/26/sys-webforms-pagerequestmanagerparsererrorexception-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it.aspx

On my side, i'm doing any Response.write or Response.Redirect in the updatePanel.
    I'm not using any response filters
    I've disabled server trace
    I'm not using response.transfer

Which leaves one last possible cause to this issue - HttpModules (of which Ajax Uploader is one).  

So, what is it about Ajax Uploader that is stuffing up the output of the UpdatePanel? 

Hoping somebody can help shed some light on this annoying problem (and this ongoingly annoying control)

Cheers,
    Greg 

View Complete Thread