Question regarding customization.

•  03-03-2009, 9:56 AM

Question regarding customization.

We want to customize the cute chat module to add our own logic for who can join a chat as follows:

Have a place for email address and nickname each time someone wants to join an online chat.
    If the nickname is taken and is active (not idle for XX minutes), then allow the user to join that chat room, else bouce user back.

I have the logic for using our our membership db for this, etc..., but I'm having issues connecting this logic with the chat module.

Once the user is is validated (using our custom validation), I have the page redirecting to another page called chat.aspx but the user is always logged in as anonoymous, and I need to have them log in as the nickname they used during the login process.

Is there any API documentation?
    If not, than where is the connection made to the chat module once the user is authorized (using our membership module) to join the user xxx to chat channel yyy?

On the chat.aspx is the following:

This is chat.aspx
    <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="chat.aspx.vb" Inherits="chat_chat" title="Untitled Page" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteChat" TagName="EmbedChannel" Src="~/chat/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/EmbedChannel.ascx" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphcssjs" Runat="Server">
    </asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphMain" Runat="Server">
        <script language="javascript">
            //set up the parameters
            //Embed_Location='Lobby'
            //Embed_LocationId='1'
            Embed_Place='Lobby-1'
        </script>
        <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
        <CuteChat:EmbedChannel id="EmbedChannel1" runat="server"></CuteChat:EmbedChannel>

</asp:Content>

View Complete Thread