Re: Upload Button Not working in firefox 2.0

•  12-26-2008, 2:25 AM

Re: Upload Button Not working in firefox 2.0

hey, thanks for your instant reply.

we intend to use your control in a video website for uploading the videos. After uploading the video to a folder, we have to pass on the video to another 3rd party component media handler pro which will convert the uploaded file to flv format and stored that video at destination folder.

so my question is that how we can rename the video while uploading through your component and then pass valid filename to another 3rd party component as the component accepts valid filename.

Whats the method / function which we can use to rename the file after its successfully uploaded and then pass on this renamed file to another component for conversion to flv format.

eg:
     i upload a file named c001.avi through your component.
    it is uploaded into a folder named uploadedTemp with name persisted.....c001.avi.resx

at this point i want to rename the uploaded file into a valid file name say somerandomname.avi (using random function).

hows that possible.

i can see that if we move the file, the file becomes the actual file upload. i.e it automatically converts / renames itself to the actual file uploaded.

how can we do the same without moving the file, but in addition to that we want to have our own file name instead of the original file name uploaded.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards.
View Complete Thread