Select Files button disabled in Safari

•  12-10-2008, 9:19 AM

Select Files button disabled in Safari

I've run into a problem that appears to be a bug in the javascript that disables/enables the button to select files.  During testing, I can only reproduce the bug in Safari (v3.1.2 on Windows to be exact).  It is working just fine in Firefox 3.0.4 and IE 7.0.6.  I have the latest versions of Flash and Silverlight installed and have verified that they are working with all of your samples.

The situation is:

I have a page that inherits from a masterpage.  This page has several areas, one of which is a panel (asp:Panel) .  This panel is hidden/displayed dynamically via the AjaxControlToolkit ModalPopupExtender.  I would like to have the UploadAttachments control within this panel.  In Firefox and IE, this works perfectly.

The problem is:

In Safari, the Select Files button is always disabled.  I tried taking the UploadAttachments control out of the panel and that solved the issue, but it is important to the design of my site that it be within the panel and displayed as a modal popup.  As the control works as it should in Firefox and IE, I assume it should work in Safari as well.

Please advise.

Thanks for the great product and helpful support.

- AJ
    Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread