Re: HTML To RTF conversion loses the < character

•  08-27-2008, 12:06 AM

Re: HTML To RTF conversion loses the < character

Adam

Thanks for your reply, I am sure you are doing your best because you are the only support staff and I understand that any one developer cannot know everything about the product, so it is a good thing that you are adding more support staff, the most frustrating part of the cute editor support experience is to be left hanging without any idea of what is going on. In my experience I believe I would not have gotten any replies unless I kept pushing the issue, I could be wrong but I was not hearing anything for a few days. It would be good to at least respond with a "sorry don't know the answer we are looking into this issue, will get back as soon as we have a result", this would be much more preferable, than nothing at all.
    As I said just giving my feedback on what I see on the forum, I'm not intending to be nasty, but you are right it is frustrating.

with my issue:
    There is one crucial difference between your demo page and my set up and that is that I am using EditorOnPaste="PasteText", which strips out all the html tags. Your demo is set to EditorOnPaste="Default", which of course works because it does not see <> as a html tag. Try changing it to EditorOnPaste="PasteText" and see the difference, I believe you will see the same result.

so if you (or the rtf developer) has any ideas on how I can overcome this that would be great, if not then i'll just have to wait until the  rtf converter is ready.

Thanks
View Complete Thread