AJAX, Object Doesn't Support This Property Or Method

•  07-09-2008, 10:21 AM

AJAX, Object Doesn't Support This Property Or Method

I have an ASPX 3.5 project with AJAX partial page postback enabled (<updatepanel>). I hvae from 6 to 8 CuteEditor instances on my pages, some as text boxes with a form and others as text boxes with a gridview.

The editor works fine communicating with the database -- data is retrieved, displayed, edited and stored correctly. However, when I do the partial postback, I get a javascript error message for EACH EDITOR ON THE PAGE:

A Runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 0: Object Doesn't support this property or Method.

(I'm using IE and have script debugging turned on.)

If I choose to debug, my browser and Visual Studio hang -- have to manually shut both down.

I can click through the error messages (choose NO on do you wish to debug) and -- again -- everything works. But the pages are almost unusable at this point because of all the flickering and messages.

Here's code for my editor:

<ce:Editor ID="explanationText" runat="server"

Text='<%# Bind("explanationText") %>'

ActiveTab="Edit" AutoConfigure="Minimal" ContextMenuMode="Minimal"

EditorWysiwygModeCss="~/css/MainCSS.css"

ShowDecreaseButton="False" ShowEnlargeButton="False"

URLType="Default" Width="100%"

ShowPreviewMode="False" UsePhysicalFormattingTags="true" height="20px"

CssClass="entry_grid" ResizeMode="AutoAdjust" AllowPasteHtml="False"

BreakElement="P" ShowGroupMenuImage="False" ResizeStep="20" EditorOnPaste="PastePureText">

<FrameStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#669966" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="2px" />

</CE:Editor>

(All editor instances have the same code, just different data bindings.)

Thanks for your help!
View Complete Thread