Setting a relative Image Path

•  06-09-2008, 3:08 PM

Setting a relative Image Path

I'm having trouble getting images to display correctly within the editor.  When the user is using the editor to edit the content of their site's home-page, the images will not correctly display within the editor.  When the home page comes up, the file path (/Uploads/filename.jpg) points correctly to the image, but when the user is viewing the editor, the path would need to be (../../Uploads/filename.jpg) in order for him to see the images in the editor.  I have tried using the tilde notation, setting all image paths to (~/Uploads/filename.jpg) which I had hoped would make any page able to load the images, but the tilde is not causing the application to look in the root directory.  (When i look at the page source, the tilde is still in the Image's src).
    I think the solution to my problem has something to do with the src_cetemp property, but I'm not sure how/where/what to do with it.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-matthew

Figured it out...  Set URLtype to SiteRelative, and set the BaseHref to the path of the root ("http://localhost:51145/" for me, for now)

Filed under: ,
View Complete Thread