Anonymous user names not logging correctly

•  05-27-2008, 5:18 PM

Anonymous user names not logging correctly

Hi

I am running CuteChat as a means of gathering information from target groups of people. It is necessary for me to able to review the chat logs after a session is completed. All of the users who join my group are anonymous (except for moderators) and are, therefore, initially assgined the default system username (guest_xx). However, each user is renamed to a friendly name once they start the session to make it easier identify who is who.

This worked great until I reviewed the log after the session. Users were not recorded against their friendly names but their default system assgined names. This obviously makes it very difficult to figure out who said what.

Is this a known bug? Is there a work around?

I can ask users to register but this is a potential deal breaker for some of my users who do not want fill in the registration details (fullname, age, gender  etc).

One other question. How do I determine the version of CuteChat that I am running without having to inspect DLLs. At the very least the version number should be displayed in admin sections. How else do I know if an upgrade or patch is avaible?

Thanks
    Richard
View Complete Thread