Live Support Operator Client serious bug

•  05-20-2008, 9:34 AM

Live Support Operator Client serious bug

In my previous post I have already wrote this, but got ignored...

The operator client -if running- prevents Windows VISTA SP1 to shut-down.
    If I try to shut down whitouth closing the operator client, the screen gets black and a message similar to this one (sorry I have to translate in English) "operator name" is preventing Windows to shut down, please close the "operator name" appear at the center of the screen. I can force to shut down but I normally cancel, close the operator client and shut down Windows without problems.
    BUT... 
    Two days ago I was in hurry so I have just clicked on "hut down anyway" button ignoring the message. The day after at the boot I had an automatic check of the file system (first time it happen), after a while Vista completed the booth but I found many files screwed up and a couple of programs reporting "not valid win 32 application".
    RESULT...
    I had to install Windows and all the programs again, luckily I have the documents redirection on our SBS server so I didn't lost any documents or email.

Another problem (also this one got ignored in my previous post): wake up from stand-by the operator client gets disconnected and the only way to reconnect is to close and start again.

I'm satisfied by LiveSupport, it works pretty good and worth the money, BUT such a buggy operator client really makes me nervous...

I hope you will fix ASAP!
View Complete Thread