Re: Linking to Specific Images in DotNetGallery

•  03-17-2008, 3:03 PM

Re: Linking to Specific Images in DotNetGallery

Thanks Adam.

I know that me telling him this directly will do the trick, but I was more concerned about the average Internet user who comes to my page, and wants to send a direct link to their friends.

If I provide someone with a direct link to the image, they will see the image by itself, without it being viewed in the presentation of my website, which I then would want the user to become curious about and peruse.

Kind of like this forum. Each thread has its own ID if you will and can be immediately referred like this one:

or more fittingly, I could right click and provide a person with the direct link of an image of my favorite book on amazon.com, but they would get a whitespace with the book image in their browser.

After they were done with the image, that's pretty much it.

However, if I provide them with the long website address which is the book within the amazon site layout, they will see the title of the book, how much it costs, similar books they might be interested in and more importantly, a link back to the home page.

With that said, do you think that there is any way to browse the dotnetgallery on my website. End up at an image a user likes, and then be able to copy and paste the link in the "address bar" of either IE or FireFox (the natural instinct of most web users), have another person click on that link, and be brought to that exact image, instead of the main gallery?

Thank you for your time and additional feedback. I hope I provided more information as to what I wanted to know what was possible.

View Complete Thread