MS AJAX + 2 CuteEditor stack overflow and Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: A control is already associated with this element error

•  11-27-2007, 3:50 AM

MS AJAX + 2 CuteEditor stack overflow and Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: A control is already associated with this element error

Dear support team member,

we are currently having troubles with CE on AJAX pages. We have two CE on an UpdatePanel and updateprogress no other extenders (AJAX i mean) are present on any control on that form. It suddenly stoped working ok. When i cause a page postback (not an Ajax postback) it reports an JS alert with Stack overflow at line:0. I have also noticed an JS error report in IE saying :"Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: A control is already associated with this element error". This error doesn't occur on firefox. I have read houndreds of pages according error "Stack overflow at line:0". Can you give me any detail infos. From my side it looks like when Ce renders when it is loading the buttons it occurs that Js error : "Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: A control is already associated with this element error". It looks like MS Ajax is trying to do with CE but that is not supported. I have also turned off MaintainScrollPosition feture, because I've read it may cause problems.

Please do not ask me for the demo because is realy hard to obtain it. Error is present on our internal development server. In production with previous versiobn of Ce an without AJAX is all ok. We have latest CE.

This error occured so far and i managed to remoce netspell.dll from bin and it solved... can it be conected ? We do not use Netspell anyway ;).

Help will be apreciated.

Best regards,
    MilosC
View Complete Thread