Cute Chat 4

•  11-04-2007, 10:49 AM

Cute Chat 4

Hi Adam,

I downloaded the latest version of CuteChat yesterday (3rd November 07) and am having a little trouble installing within my project. I would like to get the 30 day demo working before purchasing.

I have ran the SQL script and created the required tables successfully. I also installed the demo site, configured IIS and got that working fine.

I run into trouble when I attempt to add the chat rooms to my project. I need to take advantage of the embed mode functionality and have followed the instructions provided.

* I copied the CuteSoft_Client folder to myproject root
    * Copied required DLL's to my projects BIN folder
    * Ran the SQL script to create the tables in my projects database
    * Have not modified Webconfig as tables are created within projects database and should use existing connection string.
    * Copied the global.ascx to my project root (and have renamed my old one and will merge at a later date so no code hicups here)
    * Have created a blank test page within my project
    * Added the following code to my blank test page...

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="chattest.aspx.cs" Inherits="chattest" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteChat" TagName="EmbedChannel" Src="CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/EmbedChannel.ascx" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<script>

//set up the parameters

Embed_Location='Lobby'

Embed_LocationId='1'

</script>

<CuteChat:EmbedChannel id="EmbedMessenger1" runat="server"></CuteChat:EmbedChannel>

</div>

</form>

</body>

</html>

The error I get when running the test is as follows...

The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.

Source Error:

Line 45: 		<select style="width:90%;" onchange="ChannelList_OnChange(this)">
                Line 46: 			<option>Channel List</option>
                Line 47: 			<%IChatLobby[] lobbies=ChatApi.GetLobbyArray();%>
                Line 48: 			<%foreach(IChatLobby lobby in lobbies)%>
                Line 49: 			<%{%>

Source File: d:\Inetpub\wwwroot\iwonder\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\EmbedChannel.ascx    Line: 47

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized.]
                System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.PermissionDemand() +915819
                System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.PermissionDemand(DbConnection outerConnection) +22
                System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
                System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111
                CuteChat.ChatProvider.CreateDataProvider(AppPortal portal) +132
                CuteChat.AppDataManager.CreateDataProvider() +36
                CuteChat.ChatDataManager.GetLobbies() +26
                CuteChat.ChatApi.GetLobbyArray() +65
                ASP.cutesoft_client_cutechat_embedchannel_ascx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in d:\Inetpub\wwwroot\iwonder\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\EmbedChannel.ascx:47
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +98
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +20
                System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
                CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +65
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +59
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +68
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
                System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +37
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +199
                System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
                System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
                System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2644

Hope you can help. I have probably missed something somehwere along the line! Just a thought but is it because I need to somehow create the chat rooms first with the database?

Paul.

View Complete Thread