Re: Display same contact list for all users

•  07-23-2007, 4:02 PM

Re: Display same contact list for all users

Please correct me if I'm wrong.. but I don't think this is what I'm looking for.

When the user logs in to Web Messenger, they see a list of their online/offline contacts. Normally a user has to add contacts for them to appear in their list.

- I have removed all "Add Contact" links. The user can no longer control their own list.

- Now I want all users to see the same list. For instance, if I put this web messenger in a school's website, and only teachers can use it.. I want every teacher to see a list of ALL other teachers in their contact list.  I do not want to force the teacher to click "Add Contact" and search for 100 or 200 other teachers.

The contact list seems to be stored in the CuteChatRelation table in SQL server.  I know I can programmatically alter that table every time a new user registers, but that is WAY too much overhead.

Instead, I am looking to change the query that populates a user's contact list.

Right now, I assume the program queries CuteChatRelation and returns everyone who is in a "FRIEND" Relationship Type. Instead, I want to make it return all users.

So far, this may be the only thing keeping us from purchasing Cute Messenger. We simply cannot require each user to manually add 100 or more people to their contact list.

View Complete Thread