bugs...

•  07-15-2007, 2:40 PM

bugs...

(All the tests are made against http://richtextbox.com/cs/ and using FF2, although IE7 seems to behave the same way)

Steps:

* Insert layer (which inserts a div) -> Right click -> properties (div) -> Click on any of the border settings (dashed, 1px, 2px, etc) -> Click "OK", either go to HTML or Preview, none of the changes were saved
    * Going to Properties -> Style Builder -> Border -> Border Style = solid and Border 2px doesn't work either
    * From the same screen, choosing a specific border (top, bottom, etc.) doesn't work
    * Changing the background color (DIV -> Properties -> Background) works but the color picker doesn't work. If I type in blue it takes the change. However, if I go back the second time, the "DIV" tab has the right color in it, I click the color picker (from the DIV tab) and click cancel. Now to go the "Style Builder" tab and notice that the "Background" color is lost.
    * With a new layer (DIV) -> Properties -> Style Builder -> Background -> type in "#2000FF", click OK, now go back and notice that the color has changed from "#2000FF" to "rgb(32, 0, 255)"
    * Again, new layer... properties -> shade -> change to any color -> OK, nothing happens...
    * New layer, properties -> style builder -> background -> color to "#2000FF", OK, nothing happens (visually, the change is made in the html); switching to html or preview and then back to normal shows the change...

OK, let's leave the layer (DIV) alone, let's try a table...

* Insert a new 2x2 table -> right click on a cell -> table -> properties -> click a cell, then "cell properties" -> style builder -> background -> (color picker doesn't work, probably using a shared code), type in "green". As soon as I finish typing the change is made in the normal view; pretty neat, except that if I close the window and choose ok to discard the changes... my changes stay there...
    * New table, some text in each cell -> Table -> Properties -> Table tab -> Background color -> pick a color -> OK, nothing happens (HTML not modified)

So let me see, I found 9 bugs in about 20 minutes?! (including the time it took me to write this post)
    Come on guys, has anybody tested this?! The layer issue in particular, if you have two ways to change the same property you better make them sync or lose one of them.

If you guys are short on testers, just let me know... I'm willing to dedicate some time to help, as long as you guys promise to fix them all...

View Complete Thread