CAS error using Row and Cell properties pop-up windows

•  06-14-2007, 8:03 AM

CAS error using Row and Cell properties pop-up windows

I have the CuteEditor dll (ver 6.0) installed in the bin of my application.  I have a custom CAS policy for my web application and I continue to get CAS security errors.  I have worked through most of them, but one still remains when I try to add a Hyperlink or click on the Table Row or Cell properties buttons:

Unfortunately, I cannot copy and paste the ASP.NET error because it is in the pop-up box for the Table Row/Cell properties, but the stack trace begins like this:

[Argument Excetion: Bad XML Unrestricted]
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0

I have found that the Bad XML Unrestricted message indicates a bubbling up of a CAS error.  I have worked through a number of these errors before with CuteEditor, but they all end up boiling down to this error.

Do you know the set of permissions that CuteEditor needs for running with a custom CAS policy file?  I cannot apply fulltrust to this assembly due to security restrictions with my deployment.
View Complete Thread