A fix for anchors Adam?

•  05-21-2007, 10:45 AM

A fix for anchors Adam?

Anchors definitely do not work in version 6, latest build, and I have thus far received no response.

Version 6 does seem to help with content getting blown away using mac firefox and safari BUT the anchor name and id attributes get messed up. Reprodcued in your demo site where I make 6 anchors with unique names and then submit and they all get changed to the same name

In my app I tried creating anchors in PC and Mac Firefox 2 running version 6 and here is what I found

In this case I made anchors to 6 spots in my content and on submission the anchors <a name="hosting" id="hosting"></a>,<a name="system" id="system"></a>, [and a few more] and <a name="support" id="support"></a>  ALL got written as the last anchor - such that when I opened back up the content in the editor I saw 6 anchors like this <a name="support" id="support"></a>

reproducable in mac and pc firefox 2

I went and changed in html  the syntax of anchors , and then tried this by hand and what I find is that the system behaves well when there is not an id attribute for the A element such that the following is what the system creates using the anchor tool

<a name="hosting" id="hosting"></a>
    now this fails to save properly and the anchors get confused.

when I change the syntax to

<a name="hosting"></a> (along with the same method for the other anchors in my content)

then everything works better

orcais.com
View Complete Thread