Bug in Lobbies.aspx

•  09-18-2006, 11:08 AM

Bug in Lobbies.aspx

Hi, I installed demo of Cutechat  a few days ago and sometimes I face strange problems.
    Sometimes when I enter some room and the new MSIE 6SP1 window is opened, it take too long to get hat chat page.

But what is worse, when i try to add another room, mostly I could see error page like:

Server Error in '/chat' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 140:		return;
                Line 141:
                Line 142:	ChatApi.CreateLobby(ref lobby);
                Line 143:
                Line 144:	BindGrid();

Source File: d:\CuteChat\Framework 2.0 Web\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\Admin\Lobbies.ascx    Line: 142

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
                CuteSoft.Chat.ChatDataManager.InsertLobby(CuteChatLobby lobby) +17
                CuteSoft.Chat.ChatApiImpl.DoCreateLobby(CuteChatLobby& lobby) +102
                CuteSoft.Chat.ChatApiImpl.CreateLobby(CuteChatLobby& lobby) +91
                ASP.cutesoft_client_cutechat_admin_lobbies_ascx.ButtonAddNew_Click(Object sender, EventArgs args) in d:\CuteChat\Framework 2.0 Web\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\Admin\Lobbies.ascx:142
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
                System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
                System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
                System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
                System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

It makes me crazy as sometimes it works fine, but sometimes I could see such stupid message. It helps when I open and just save web.config as application restarts and work fine.

I guess some kind of bug in this page.
View Complete Thread