XHTML property breaks in some cases.

•  05-19-2006, 2:41 PM

XHTML property breaks in some cases.

Hi guys,
    I know that one of the major fixes done in the las version of CuteEditor (5.3), was the XHTML property. In the previous version in some cases it did not return XHTML Comliant html. There were some posts on the subject I think (including a couple from my colleague Stefan Dobrev). I want to congratulate you with the new release. I solves a lot of XHTML problems we had before.
    Unfortunately, it appears that there is still some cases in whitch the editor returns not a valid XHTML. Here is an example that I used to test XHTML compliancy:

<div><input value=testInput></div>
    <div><textarea>test text</textarea></div>
    <div>
    <div><input type=checkbox><label for=testBox>test</label></div>
    </div>
    <div><select>
    <option value=1>1</option>
    <option value=2 selected>2</option>
    <option value=3>3</option>
    <option value=4>4</option>
    </select> </div>

At first I found the problem in my own application and thought that I'm missing some configuration, but later I tested the same example using the sample editor at: http://cutesoft.net/example/xmloutput.aspx
    The result was the same.
    I played a bit with the html and found that without the <select> part it all parses ok. E.g. the following html returns a correct XHTML:

<div><input value=testInput></div>
    <div><textarea>test text</textarea></div>
    <div>
    <div><input type=checkbox><label for=testBox>test</label></div>
    </div>

After adding the following html in the end and submitting the XHTML breaks down:

<div><select>
    <option value=1>1</option>
    <option value=2 selected>2</option>
    <option value=3>3</option>
    <option value=4>4</option>
    </select> </div>

I hope that my explanations of the problem were detailed enough and you will be able to repond me as soon as possible.

Also I have another problem with the editor that I explained in another post here:

I'll be very greatful if you are able tp give me an update on that also.

Thanks for taking time to answer :)
View Complete Thread