Re: format block... restricting paragraph styles

•  05-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Re: format block... restricting paragraph styles

thanks for the rapid response.

Well, I'm scratching my head.

I've modified one of the demos, and indeed, the problem can't be reproduced.  However, in my application, it fails.  Though I realize it's got to be some coding error of my own, i'm hoping you can lend some insight?

When I use the <FormatBlock> you suggest, the CuteSoft control emits the following:

<li class="CuteEditorDropDown" id="CE_Description_RichTextBox_IDformatblock" Command="FormatBlock" onchange="CuteEditor_DropDownCommand(this,'FormatBlock')" RichHideFirstItem="true" RenderItemBorder="true" _IsRichDropDown="True" style="width:60px;height:21px;"><span value="" selected="True" html="Paragraph" text="Paragraph"></span><span value="<P>" html="Normal" text="Normal"></span><span value="<H1>" html="<b style='font-size:24pt'>Heading 1</b>" text="Heading 1"></span><span value="<H2>" html="<b style='font-size:18pt'>Heading 2</b>" text="Heading 2"></span><span value="<P>" html="Normal" text="Normal"></span><span value="<H1>" html="<b style='font-size:24pt'>Heading 1</b>" text="Heading 1"></span><span value="<H2>" html="<b style='font-size:18pt'>Heading 2</b>" text="Heading 2"></span><span value="<H3>" html="<b style='font-size:15pt'>Heading 3</b>" text="Heading 3"></span><span value="<H4>" html="<b style='font-size:12pt'>Heading 4</b>" text="Heading 4"></span><span value="<H5>" html="<b style='font-size:9pt'>Heading 5</b>" text="Heading 5"></span><span value="<H6>" html="<b style='font-size:7pt'>Heading 6</b>" text="Heading 6"></span><span value="<Address>" html="Address" text="Address"></span><span value="<MENU>" html="Menu List" text="Menu List"></span><span value="<PRE>" html="Formatted" text="Formatted"></span><span value="<DT>" html="Definition Term" text="Definition Term"></span></li>

(sorry, I can't figure out how to give a screenshot). 

In the above, note that 'Normal', 'H1' and 'H2' start out the list, followed by the entire set of styles repeated.

Now, the really odd thing is that when I delete the <FormatBlock><FormatBlock/> entirely, I *still* get the full set of paragraph styles!!! (a single set, with nothing duplicated).

So, I was wondering, is there anything else that populates this dropdown?
    • Since I've eliminated the tag entirely, I figure it's got to be getting it's styles list from *somewhere*.
    • Changes I make to Common.config (such as, changing the subordinate items in the <FormatBlock>) show up in the application, so the application *must* be looking at the right Common.config.
    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

View Complete Thread