Re: updates for asp version - what the ...

•  04-20-2006, 3:21 AM

Re: updates for asp version - what the ...

The think I like most of all of your support is the way you turn around to direct and simply questions like the one I did.
    If I translate it, your response is:
    "Dear Customer, we are not planning to give you a more confortable way to update your payed product. You need to check by yourself, because we don't have time to create a list with emails and send you an email when an update has been released. And we will not apply any "versioning" to our product, since we don't care: the problem it's up to you, and different version updates will have same versioning and same file name. If you want, download it, extract all the files and see if size has changed in some files. If so, you'll understand it's a new version."

Trying not to question about your catastrophic sense of "customer support", the point here it's that we don't need to download a component only because something is not working on our version and the same thing is, instead, working on yours online, but because we would like to know if a new update has been released or not. This is quite simple. And, also, how much is the "distance" from our version with the actual one. If I have a 5.2.1 version and the actual one is 5.2.2 maybe I do not care. If the actual one is 5.2.9 I know that a lot of work has been done to fix various things: by the other hands, a new update can fix errors we haven't been able to find, or our customers found and didn't tell us.

Talking of "history" is maybe too much. In case you don't know, it's a "think" where normally developers write down the differences and fixes between one versioning number and the other.

Please, since you are making some money with all this, try to grow as a real software company. Accepting and carefully listening to your customers, and giving then more intelligent and less diplomatic responses, knowing when to ignore them and when not.

And, most of all, read their ENTIRE EMAILS, as I'm still waiting for a response (PLEASE, only a direct YES or NO) to my request of reissuing a license IP for my CUTEEDIT .NET version, bindend to a wrong IP address that I'll never be able to use - as you already know.

Thanks.
View Complete Thread