Re: HTML Encoded to #s

•  01-12-2006, 7:57 AM

Re: HTML Encoded to #s

Hi again,
    Well I found my problem :
    In my application, I save both the html code and the plain text. After reading some posts, in order to upgrade, I have used request("Editor1") to get the html and Editor1.PlainText to get the plain text.
    Of course, this doesn't work out (for the data validity) because after a postback, I store the new html value and the old plaintext value. For some reason, when the Editor1.plaintext is different form the Editor1.text, then I get the ###. I have added postback management in my code and it's fixed. I don't want to try to understand better than that - thanks for your help on this issue.

Other questions :
    * can I use my old (paid for) licence file for using this v5 version ?
    * I can't get the Html view buttons to appear ; is this the CodeViewTemplateItemList property ?
    * I have similar problems as in other posts, regarding CSS :
    _ if my page starts with <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> I get all but the Editor to show correctly.
    _ if my page doesn't state the DOCTYPE, then only the Editor is correctly displaying.

The Editor display problem is that the borders between the toolbar and the text area is VERY heigh, as well as between the bottom of the textarea and the "normal, html, preview" buttons.
    I have tried to tweek the styles.css.aspx (Office2003 theme) but without success. I have read the other posts on this topic but couldn't fix it...Could you help ?
    Thanks
    Julien

View Complete Thread