Advanced java-script reflect text styles externally

•  11-07-2005, 8:31 PM

Advanced java-script reflect text styles externally

Hi,

Ok, here is a challenge -

I am currently building a complex webbased UI for a customer. The thing is that the customer wants editor-buttons for the BOLD, ITALIC, etc. and other stuff in its own IFRAME area, meaning a different file than were the CuteEditor sits (which itself is in a second IFRAME) - this has its reasons.

Now, it isn't to hard to set the styles of selected word in CuteEditor using the javascript-interface, however, if I set a word to be bold and move to another word that is not bold and back again - how can I reflect the style with an icon/text in my first iframe?

Or to put it like this:

when I, in the editor which is in the second iFrame , move to a word that is f.ex. bold, I want my icon in the first iFRAME to reflect this - is that possible to do?

(to focus on the essence it doesn't need to be in an Iframes, could be just a button/image which sits in another area of the page that needs to be updated..)

EDIT: A followup on the mail: could status of f.ex. text style button be retrieved with the .getElementById(); property and if so, which IDs can be used for this?

regards,
    Wiseman
View Complete Thread