Questino about CuteChat funtionality

•  10-25-2005, 5:43 PM

Questino about CuteChat funtionality

Hi gang,

I've got a couple of unique requirements, and though I have tried, I'm unable to figure out if this will work for me.

My site users are very enmored with chat.  Even though it's small (the site) we almost always have half dozen users chatting at a time.

The site is a community site, with forums, chat, tips, tricks, articles, etc.  All the stuff you'd expect.

I wrote a chat app using .net and web services.  Problem is it won't work in Mozilla browsers. (Moz don't wrap htcs and i can't figure out how) So i'm hunting for other solutions.

So far this looks like the right solution for me.

Now to the problem.  I have two different chat boxes on my site.  one is small, and sits on my left nav bar.  The second is in its own page with more features.  Users can type in either one, and the chat will show in both.  This means the same user is "Logged" into chat the chat "server" 2 times.  I don't know what that will do with this system.  I do this specifically so users can chat while viewing articles, posts ect using the smaller chat window.  or they can use the full featured chat when they want.

How well would CuteChat handle this?

first issue I can see is with duplicate entries in whos online.  Also, if you were to send a person a whisper, would it open two windows (don't know how wispers work here)
View Complete Thread